Blog Design

Monday, May 16, 2011

I DID IT!!

Sssooo..... I graduated from Ole Miss Saturday!
 
It just doesn't seem real just yet. I guess because I'm not actually doing a teaching job and went straight into grad school.  I don't know. Since Saturday, it is a little more real to me than before. I guess when we do it again this time next year, it really will be the "real" thing. 

I am so blessed to have so many people come to Oxford to support me. Stephen, Dad, Meme, Papaw, Aunt Shea, Lacy, Lynn, Alana, Aunt Chelle, Kim, Ashley, Taylor, Alisha, & even Judy! Gosh it was such an awesome surprise to see her! 

For those of you who do not know - Judy is my 2nd cousin (1st cousin to my mom). She lives right outside of Memphis and I only get to her see her maybe once a year.. MAYBE!! I was walking across the stage when I heard someone scream my name with a camera in hand. I couldn't help but stop for a photo-shoot but most of all in awe of seeing her standing there! So thanks so much Judy for being there for my big day! Meant so much to me!
Alana just couldn't wait to get my cap on her head! Ttoooo Cute!

My next big surprise.... MY ALANA! Love this kid to the moon & back.... literally! Since my Skype is down I just miss her sooooo much! I am so glad Lacy & Lynn drove all the way from the MS Gulf Coast with that sweet baby to watch me walk across that stage.  

It was so great to see Dad out. He usually will not leave the house. I loved that he has told me more than once how good it was to get out of the house for a little while! He needed a little sunshine so bad. Thank you Aunt Chelle for bringing him and thank you Stephen for helping out with his wheel chair! You guys  Rock!!

After graduation Meme & Papaw took us out to lunch. It was so good to be able to spend time with everyone after a somewhat chaotic morning. Thanks Meme & Papaw for buying lunch and thanks to everyone else for coming! I enjoyed spending time with each and every one of you.

So thank you, thank you, thank you for all your love, help, support, money, encouraging words, and for just simply being there for me the past 4 years! You guys are truly AWESOME in every sense of the word!

Alana, Lynn, Lacy, & Aunt Shea

The whole crew minus Stephen & Dad. They ran across the street too soon!

Lacy & I

My sweet sweet Meme & Papaw

My sweet Alana and pretty rose Judy had for me.


Love you guys so much!
Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment