'Ello All!
(That is supposed to be in a British accent in honor of the royal wedding)
So first of all, TGIF - I never really understood this phrase since I've worked in a restaurant... well... all my life. Friday is like the start of my week. The first big busy night of the week. However, the older I get, the less I work in a restaurant, the more I appreciate Fridays. Don't get me wrong, if you know me, you know I LOVE the restaurant business but get real... I need a weekend sometimes too! So next time your out on a Friday night, Saturday night, or Sunday after church - just remember those servers gave up there weekends w/ friends & family to serve YOU - so tip them WELL!
I'm extremely upset I missed the royal wedding! No one told me I had to get up in the middle of the night to watch it. I guess that is common sense but obviously it wasn't to me. So now I'm at work w/ the TV facing me trying to catch up.
But...how about that wedding dress!! OMG - Breath-taking I am in love!
That lace is just gorgeous! Perfect simplicity! (for a princess) She is just beautiful. They appear to be such a sweet couple.
I hope everyone is okay from the storm this week. It is tragic up here in places. Thankfully, Tupelo was missed by just a hair. The surrounding towns were not so lucky. There are drop-off points all over Tupelo. Donations of ANYTHING are greatly appreciated & very necessary to say the least. Carrie text me last night wanting a place to stay if she came to help clean up - We have a one bed room apartment but my couch & air mattress are open for anyone wanting to come help. It will take years to rebuild their towns. Hands, money, supplies, food, & water are needed everywhere. We are so blessed to have not been in this storm - I have taken the time to thank the Lord for this, I hope you have done the same. Don't forget to thank all the emergency personal for helping out where they can during this tragedy as well. They are the last ones to be forgotten. Also, I have heard a lot of thanks from survivors on TV to WTVA for the warnings - these survivors are just unbelievable. They stand there with no home, extra clothes, etc & still thank God, WTVA, & others for helping them stay safe. I tear up every time I hear one speak on the news.
Anna is with Aunt Chelle at St. Dominic this morning. Chelle is having a procedure done so please keep her in your prayers today. It is out patient so if everything goes well she should be home this evening. I'm sure she would greatly appreciate an encouraging word by a simple text or comment on FB.
Now that I've ended on such a sad note.....
Happy Friday!!!!!
I hope it is amazing!
Love & Peace,
Jess


No comments:
Post a Comment