Blog Design

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I'm back in the classroom

... & I couldn't be happier! With undergrad complete and grad school OVER 1/2 way finished (Thank you Jesus!) I have yet to get a "bad" teacher! I have another fabulous teacher to follow that has a love for literacy! Somebody up there is taking care of me! ;) Gosh I just miss that environment when I'm not in it. Those kids just bring light into my life. I am pulling out a tier 2 kindergartener twice a week for 7 weeks for interventions and the challenge has already began. He has a behavior disorder, learning disorder, and is severe ADHD. According to the other interventionist, I was able to hold his attention longer than most but I'm not exactly sure how much we accomplished during that time. I really need prayers on this one! He is a toughy. Can't hold his attention long enough for him to watch me model, then refuses to do it with me. How do I scaffold if I can't do "I do, we do, you do"? I have ordered some texture cards for him that should be in before Monday. Hopefully mixing up texture cards, paper, markers, IPad, sand, & magnets will hold his attention to learn at least 2 letters within an hours time. I'm just worried he is going to have a tantrum on me while I'm alone with him. I am very well trained to teach a child and to maintain great classroom management however I don't feel that school prepared me for these tantrums. ughhhh.... Prayers Please!! He is sweet as can be, but obviously his home life is, "give it to him so he'll shut up". That does not work at school! His favorite word is NO & I do it, I do it - meaning I don't need your help! Just pray - that is what I need most. If any teachers read this that have tips for me please please please share! I am open to all.

Peace & Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment